New Year’s Resolutions

http://ditmasparkrehabcare.com/wp2/tips-keep-new-years-resolutions-2019/

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






As the new year starts, people are starting to put their new year’s resolutions into action. New Year’s Resolutions are personal goals to challenge people to do something unusual, but usually beneficial, starting in the new year. According to goskills.com, this years top resolutions are the following:

  1. Exercise more
  2. Lose weight
  3. Get organized
  4. Learn a new skill or hobby
  5. Live life to the fullest
  6. Save more money / spend less money
  7. Quit smoking
  8. Spend more time with family and friends
  9. Travel more
  10. Read more

As simple as some of these resolutions seem, many people struggle to follow through and actually meet their resolutions. According to a University of Scranton statistic, only 8% of people actually achieve their resolutions. If you fall into the other 92% of people, you probably struggle with keeping your resolutions. Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you complete your new year’s resolutions.

Start Simple- Don’t set your goals too high. You want to have a couple of goals that can be achieved with little requirements that need to be met. Simple goals boost your motivation, saves time, gives you experience, and also knocks out some of those small goals.

Stay Organized- Organization is key. You want to be able to focus on completing your goals, and if you aren’t organized, you will end up spending lots of time figuring out what you are going to do.                                                                                                                                                                     

Reward yourself- Rewarding yourself is a huge motivation booster. Don’t just rely on the outcomes of your goals to be your reward, treat yourself with some small things along the way.

Phone a friend- If one of your new year’s resolutions is a popular one, or fits under the top ten listed above, it’s likely a friend may have a similar resolution. You can always ask them for help and advice. Your friends also know you best.

As you start 2019, be sure to set some new year’s resolutions. There is a chance that this year is the year you get stuff done, and come out proud and successful. Be part of the 8% who achieve their new year’s resolutions, and have a wonderful and fulfilling year!  

Print Friendly, PDF & Email